September 06, 2012

First Day of School!

Today was the girls' first real day of school when they went ALL BY THEMSELVES. It was still an hour shorter than usual but they loved it and did great.
Cora putting on her lip gloss
And Leyna putting on HER lip gloss
Ready to go!
"Can we PLEASE get in the car now???"
Leyna went to her class first. Here she is hanging her backpack...
...and putting her attendance card up. Then she saw some of her buddies from last year and never looked back :)
Next up was Cora. She literally dragged me into the classroom because she was so excited. I thought I was supposed to be the one dragging her...???
Hanging her backpack. She was a little ticked that she had to share her cubby and someone else already had their backpack there.
Putting up her attendance card.
Then she said she was ready to go play kitchen and I could go. Easy!
After I hung out with the other mommies in the reception room I was ready to pick Cora up. She looked pretty darn happy to see me :)
Then we went and got "Sissy." They were so happy to see one another that I was completely out of the equation.
Both girls did great in class and I couldn't be more proud. Though I still wish they wouldn't grow up so fast!
Leyna's favorite part of the day was playing Mr. Potato Head and Cora's favorite part was having Goldfish for snack. I think they're already excited to go back next week!

No comments: