December 01, 2010

All over the place

I just finished reading "The Lorax" to Leyna as a bedtime story. That book is L-O-N-G. Much longer than a 3 year old should be willing to sit through right? But she sat there totally silent and enthralled for the whole thing. And when it was finally over and I thought I was free - then I had to answer a million questions. That book may have to disappear for a while. It was good though :)
Anyway, today was a really good day. I swear the girls must be putting on a show for Santa or something. We went shopping again today and they were SO GOOD AGAIN! We took lots of breaks to look at toys but there was no whining or crying to be heard.
Next, Daddy met us for lunch. And then something really crazy happened. The girls both ate their entire lunches with little to no coaxing! A miracle I tell you! We stayed a played for a bit in the play area and the girls were just too cute. Cora literally screamed and danced for joy every time she saw Leyna come down this slide...
And they made a new friend named "Nina." When we go to a playground Leyna usually picks out a girl wearing a dress or skirt and calls her "Princess" for the rest of the day. "Princess come slide!" "Princess where are you going?" etc. Thankfully today Leyna actually learned the girl's name. At one point I heard the following conversation:

Nina: What's your name?
Leyna: Weyna
Nina: Why are you following me?
Leyna: Because you're my new friend.

In the adult world this would probably be called stalking but for kids it just works out!

This afternoon we had a random dance party:
And this evening the girls spent most of their time dancing to Christmas music. Leyna's two current favorites are "Must be Santa" by Mitch Miller and "Go Tell it on the Mountain" by Bobby Darin. Here she is patting her bowl full of jelly...
And here's one last random and totally adorable picture of Cora from today:

No comments: