August 13, 2012

Bye Bye Aunties and More Birthday

After one last dog walking this morning (and our traditional last day steak and eggs breakfast) it was time to say goodbye to the Aunties and doggies. Boo hoo :(
We had so much fun with them this weekend. They are the easiest, most generous house guests you can imagine. In fact, I think they did more for us than we did for them! I owe them some real cooking the next time they come. And we all hope it's soon!!!
After the Aunties left and we pulled ourselves together Nana and Pee Paw came to extend the birthday fun. Cora got a Strawberry Shortcake remote control car...
...and a very cool princess puzzle. Which of course she had to put together right away. The girl loves her puzzles!
Afterward I finally gave in to the incessant requests to play with the princess Play Doh kits Cora received on Saturday. Nana and Pee Paw joined in the fun and we definitely got our Play Doh's worth!
This evening we headed out for a few errands and the girls fell asleep in the car on the way home at 6:00. We put them directly in their beds when we got home and my fingers are crossed that they will stay there through the night. I think they have a lot of catching up to do after our big weekend!

No comments: