August 11, 2012

Cora's Birthday Party! Plus Aunties!

Today was the day we've been waiting for! Cora's 3rd birthday party, Ice-Cream-Parlor-style, plus the Aunties from NY came for a visit. It was  HUGE, fun, exciting, successful, exhausting day :)
Party mantel decor.
Balloons I wasn't allowed to blow up ;)
Ice cream bubble favors
Homemade sign
Craft table
Two excited little girls posing with "Cherry Cone," as Cora named her.
Just a tad excited. With a cherry tattoo on her cheek.
Arrival of the Aunt Liz, Aunt Rhonnie, and doggies Petey & Sophie
Tons of great gifts from the Aunties for both girls. Cora LOVES her new SkippyJon Jones cat.
And a gift from Aunt Liz for all of us - an original painting of our house!!! LOVE!!!
More gifts sent from Aunt Susie (adorable little puppy and kitty purses!)
Aunt Liz kept the girls entertained while we finished setting up for the party
Cora and Sophie
Party Time! The kids making the ice cream cone crafts.
Harris, Rose, and fam :)
Leyna's craft - turned out great!!!
Cora's favorite snacks for everyone to sample. Goldfish, apple slices, and cheese & crackers.
Aunt Liz and Anna. So cute!
Ready for "Pin the Cherry on the Ice Cream Cone"
Leyna's turn!
Another attempt
And gift time. Cora opened this giant white horse from Conner and Scott first and had to be bribed to open anything else. Awesome gift.
Another one!
These books finally stole the show from the horse near the end. So glad we have 2 little bookworms :)
"Hey, who put a bow on my head?" (It was Charlie!)
The Birthday Girl ready to make her ice cream sundae!
Daddy was designated dipper
Each child took a turn standing on the stool and picking out their toppings. It worked out great!
Leyna's creation
Aubrey's creation. Everyone got to take their personalized ice cream bucket home :)
Aria's creation. Some of everything!
And Charlie's creation!!!
Scott taking his time choosing his toppings
Cutie pie
She'd been waiting for this moment all day!
Conner getting sprinkles
Everyone enjoying their creations!
Party aftermath.
Directly after the party Daddy's family came over to see the Aunties and have a cookout. Here's Aunt Liz, Leyna, Sophie, Petey, and Uncle Doug playing princesses with Cora in the background :)
Mee Maw, Aunt Liz, and I
Doggie dance party!
Time for S'mores!
In case we hadn't already had enough sugar today!
Crazy night time shot of the girls :)
Tonight before bed Leyna said it was the best party ever. She also added, "Thanks for letting me stay up late Mama." What a sweetheart.
And now I am facing the fact that tomorrow my littlest baby will be THREE. No more toddler :( As I tucked her in tonight she told me, "I want a big girl bed now mama. This little girl bed is too skinny and wrinkly." And then she added, "I love you so much mama." Excuse me while I go bawl my eyes out, and then get ready for another fun & exciting day tomorrow!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

So glad Cora had a great party and sad we missed it :( I have her gift I have to get to you!