July 05, 2011

Clean up, everybodeeee!

Anyone know that song? We sing it every day around here :) And that's what I did all day. I made a commitment over the long weekend to have fun and not worry about the house and today I took care of the aftermath. Bathrooms, vacuuming, floor scrubbing, deck scrubbing, laundry, dishes, laundry, dishes...EXHAUSTING! Meanwhile our extra tired little girls (who got up at 5:40 and 6:00 despite going to bed at 9:30 and 10:30 last night) kept themselves busy with finger painting, play doh, playing pet shop, playing fairies, reading books, doing puzzles... you name it. We topped it all off with a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies and now everyone is tucked in and I'm about to be! I only took these three pictures but they are super cute!
Play Doh birthday cake, created by Rapunzel
She always paints the exact same thing and says "Look at my picture Mommy!" about 5,000 times :)
She did this puzzle ALL BY HERSELF! (also note the outfit change, I think it was #4 around 1:00)

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

my little girl used to wear that many outfits at that age, too! She's better now at age 9!

Dawn said...

Oh yes, we sing that song all the time! LOL