November 05, 2011

Big day, late night

What a busy day! Good thing we get an extra hour - though I'm willing to bet the girls won't take advantage of it. I haven't told them about Daylight Savings Time yet...
This afternoon we went to our friend Aria's carnival-themed birthday party. SO MUCH FUN. They had a moon bounce, a cotton candy machine, and 8 carnival games set up in the basement - complete with prizes. It was quite a show. After we got home Leyna said, "I want to do that again!"
We ran home (literally!) and did quick baths (trying to wash off the germies of 20 kids so we don't get sick AGAIN) and then Mee Maw and Chooch showed up to babysit while Mommy and Daddy went out to Supper Club.
They were all set up with a picnic and movies when we left, and imagine our surprise when we got home at 11:40pm and little Miss Cora was still awake watching "Horton Hears a Who." She told me before we left that she wasn't going to let Mee Maw put her to bed. Little stinker kept her word! Thankfully her big sister had a little more sense and conked out at 9:30 (with the lights still on apparently!). Mee Maw said Cora talked the WHOLE night and they had 3 picnics and 2 movies. Sounds like fun :) Cora barely made it through brushing her teeth and fell asleep on her way down to her pillow. Think she'll sleep in for us tomorrow? I doubt it...

No comments: