November 01, 2011

Timeline of a Meltdown

I found these two awesome pictures on the camera after I picked the girlies up from Nana and Pee Paw's today. They watched the girls while I got a LONG overdo hair cut and it looks like they had a ball :)
Things were a little different when we got home unfortunately. This afternoon was like a movie I'll call "Sister Wars." They were at each other like you wouldn't believe. When Leyna had finally pushed Cora's last button Cora just lost it. She lost it so bad she didn't even know what to do with herself...
She ran to her secret pouting place in her room...
I tried to coax her out but she wasn't having it...
Meanwhile poor Leyna was feeling confused a maybe guilty though she didn't know exactly what her sister was so upset about
Cora ran across the house...
I tried to talk to her...
And she fled the scene yet again...
off to her second choice pouting spot: Leyna's closet.
I tried to talk to her yet again. Asked her if she needed a hug...
"NO!"
And then I just started laughing. It was all too dramatic and hilarious by that point. And then...
Just like a switch - Hooray! Happy again!
Except happy again only lasted for 10 minutes. They found something else to fight about downstairs , Leyna retreated upstairs to regroup, and I was left with a fuming Cora. She told me (in her meanest voice) "Bad Cora's gonna stomp her feet all around the kitchen. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" I tried to tell her "You're not bad, you're a good girl, Cora." But all I got was "NO, I'm bad Cora. I'm MAD at Leyna Lane. I'm gonna send her to TIME OUT!" Wowsers.
Thankfully everything settled down after dinner and they were hugging and playing and loving on one another like the best of friends. All in a day's play!

No comments: