So I have a little Cora story for you. Ever since we went to Disney World we've been listening to classic Disney songs in the car wherever we go. Somewhere along the way I have figured out that "It's a Small World After All" calms Cora down when she's fussing in her car seat. She doesn't do it very often, but when she does "fussing" is really a nice way to put it. The other night after Reagan's party we had a 20 minute drive to get to Conner's house. Cora was already fussy before we left but once we got in the car she really let us have it. After a couple minutes I remembered the magical song and turned it on. She stopped crying almost instantly. In fact, she sat through the entire song just looking out the window with an angelic look on her face. I thought for sure she would fall asleep any minute. But the end of the song came and as soon as they sang the last "It's a small world after allllllllllll" cue the crying. She screamed her brains out for the last verse and the entire pause until the song started playing again (I put it on repeat). Then she was quiet as a mouse Until the last verse. Then screaming. Then quiet for the entire song. Until the last verse. Then screaming. This went on for 20 minutes. If you've never heard the song I'll just tell you that once is enough. Twice is more than enough. Eight times with screaming interspersed is where the title of this post comes in. And guess what? She did it again today as we were driving to town. Somebody help me. The end.

(Totally unrelated picture of Cora having the famous "Beef & Macaroni" for the first time today. Thanks Nana!)
I've been getting a few of my childhood things from my parents' house and brought home two little treasures today. One was my trusty old Snoopy Sno-Cone Machine. Leyna and I made a snow cone on the deck this evening. Pretty tasty but more work than I remember (probably because someone else did it for
me back then!)
I also ran across this picture of me when I was three:
And it totally gave me goosebumps because last week I took this picture of Leyna at the park with a little girl she met that day:
We must share an affinity for hanging on bars next to friends with curly red hair. Crazy!
1 comment:
Thanks hilarious about the song! And so wild having the photo of you both hanging from the bars. I should look through my old photos.
Post a Comment