In case you couldn't tell from yesterday's Wordless Wednesday post, we have a sick princess in the house. It was QUITE a day yesterday. Andy asked me at one point if I needed anything and I told him I needed a new family room and a vacation. A good night's sleep would have sufficed though. Too bad for us. We put Leyna in bed with us last night and zonked out. Cora slept soundly all night and Leyna was only up once for more meds at 2:00. Then at 4:30am the tornado warning system in our area went off. Mommy & Daddy - wide awake. We turned on the TV and decided to heed the warnings and take both soundly sleeping girls down to the family room so we would be one level closer to the basement just in case. I'm thinking we were probably the only idiots in the neighborhood to take it seriously but it did look pretty iffy and always better safe than sorry - especially with two precious little princesses in the house. THANKFULLY both girls stayed asleep on their respective couches until 6:00 despite the wind and rain. I made coffee and watched the radar on TV and Daddy dozed for a bit. Here are a couple shots of the scene:
So, I'm sure some other blog-worthy things will happen today but I'm getting this post done now while my eyelids are still relatively open and my brain is almost functioning. Hopefully Leyna will start feeling better soon (she's still got a touch of fever) and we can find some fun to do while we're stuck inside all day. I think it's going to be a long day and I imagine I'll be going to bed right after the girls do tonight!
Slacking
14 years ago
1 comment:
Awww such sweet pics of your girls. And yikes to tornado warnings! That is so scary, glad you guys are okay and hop you get some rest tonight!
Post a Comment