Today was a big day for our little Leyna.
We started off by making her some special pancakes while she slept...
She gobbled them up, put on a favorite outfit, and packed up her backpack...
We did a little photo shoot on the porch, and her little sis squeezed her extra tight...
Then Pee Paw came to watch Cora, and Leyna and I were off to visit her new classroom and meet her new teacher!
That's right, our baby girl is going to be a school girl. Today was a visit and next Friday will be the real deal!
Even with me by her side Leyna was a little more timid than I expected. She didn't really want to go in the building, but I promised to hold her hand and not leave.
She found her cubby and hung up her back pack...
She explored the room a little bit...
The kids listened to a story and a puppet show...
Then they washed their hands and waited for everyone to sit down before they ate their snack. Leyna was looking a bit forlorn at this point and I was getting a little worried...
Luckily they all said a prayer before they ate and that seemed to calm her nerves a bit.
We finished up with a hug from her teacher and I think Leyna was pretty much spent at that point. I took her to the store for a big pink balloon and some super sugary, sprinkly donuts. We got home and the girls gobbled up their treats and seemed quite happy to be together again. I think the morning took a toll on Leyna mentally and emotionally and she was pretty much drained for the rest of the day. She and Cora just hunkered down and played together ALL day like they hadn't seen eachother in a week. It was so cute.
Then Daddy came home...
And made the day even MORE special!
And that was our little girl's BIG day. I think she's going to love school but it's definitely going to be an adjustment for all of us! To be continued...
Slacking
14 years ago
1 comment:
Awh....loved reading about her day!
Post a Comment