September 13, 2011

Library ladies

I often ask myself, what in the world would we do without the library? We are so lucky to have 2 libraries close to us that are always doing fun story times, art classes, and sing-alongs, not to mention all the wonderful books, magazines, movies, computer games, and toys they have on site. It's a life saver! Today we went to one of our usual story times. Cora participated more than she ever has so it was really fun. And Leyna has come a long way from sitting as still as a statue and not making a peep. She almost always participates, and if she doesn't it's because she's studying and trying to learn every word or movement to a song.
As usual, we returned the books we had read and then came home with a bag overflowing with new books and so heavy I could barely carry it. I always think that should last us at least a week but we read every single book in one afternoon. The girls can hardly wait to break into them and as soon as I turn the last page they are begging, "Read another one!"
So today I'm just thankful for libraries and thankful for our little bookworms who get to enjoy them so much!

No comments: