May 14, 2010

A prize, a park, a pout, and Pizza Friday!

She did it! Leyna slept in her bed all night and earned the last sticker she needed to get her "princess surprise." You'll notice I shortened the quota from seven stickers to six. She did four all-nighters in a row in her bed but then woke us up two nights in a row so I told her two more nights in bed and she could have her prize. I thought maybe seven nights was a little too long for a toddler to go with no payout. I didn't want her to start to think it was never coming! Anyway, here she is:
 Here she said "Oh my gosh! I love it! What is it?" LOL
This afternoon we met Conner and Reagan at the park. We played a TON and then took a long walk. Cora was a little cranky today for some reason and I wasn't able to get any pictures of her smiling. I think she discovered her attitude yesterday and has been trying it out ever since. She will give you heck at the drop of a hat if you don't do exactly as she wishes. Kinda funny, but the screeching is a little unnerving when you're driving!
It was so hot and sticky at the park that we mommy's decided ice cream was in order. I told the toddlers where we were going and I've never seen everyone get in the car and leave the playdate so willingly! Leyna and I shared this huge waffle cone bowl. We did her favorite ice cream with my favorite topping so we had strawberry ice cream with Oreos. YUM.
Seriously - Cora even scowled when I tried to feed her ice cream. I hope she's in a better mood tomorrow!

And for our Pizza Friday dinner I whipped up these little beauties. I used our usual whole wheat crust and filled them with mozzarella, red peppers, and black olives. They were really good! I wish I took a picture of the inside of one.

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

That's great! I am a big fan of reward systems :)