March 03, 2011

The Cat in the Hat

First off I feel the need to explain yesterday's Wordless Wednesday post. In case you couldn't tell, that was a popcorn kernel in Leyna's nose. Before and after. It was not one of the best experiences of our lives. Leyna and Cora were innocently eating their popcorn. Next, Leyna went to the bathroom to get a tissue (at this point I should have known something was wrong because I normally have to order her to get a tissue). She then came to me and said "I can't get it out." I figured it was a boogie and told her to let me have a look. Then I said, "LEYNA!!!" Then I freaked out and tried several different ways to get it out, called Daddy, looked it up on the internet, tried to decide which ER to go to... all the while yelling "DON'T SNIFF!!!" I finally tried one last ditch effort which involved stretching her nostril out to the side while having her blow out her nose and thank heavens it worked. Never, ever in a million years would I have thought Leyna would be the child to stick something up her nose. Oh well, I'm pretty sure she won't ever do it again!

Okay, as for today. The Cat in the Hat was at the library today so of course we had to go. It was cute & fun!
First they prepped by watching "The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That."
Then we had our picture taken with the "cat." Cora was thinking "I don't buy it..." Leyna had on her Thing 1 & Thing 2 shoes from Uncle Kris & Aunt Gretchen :)
And a little cat craft!

No comments: