I think it's time for another "get real" post. I love posting the good memories but we do have our moments and sometimes I even look back on them and laugh.
The girls are seriously testing me these days. I've heard and fully agree that the half ages are harder than the whole ages. Like 18 months is the real terrible twos. 2 1/2 was hard with Leyna and now 3 1/2 is proving to be the same. Poor planning on our part that they both hit their "half ages" at the same time. Duh!
Anyway, it's all testing, testing, testing. And I swear they sit in Leyna's room and plot against me. "Okay, when Mommy takes us outside make sure you go in the complete opposite direction of me so she can't catch either of us. Also, pretend you can't hear anything she says no matter how many times she says it. And above all, if she threatens you with a time out if you do something one more time - DO IT. Time outs are the best! Oh, and don't forget not to eat any of your dinner. We're on night number six and we have to stay strong." Add in a few Cora tantrums and that's basically the plan they carry out every day. Cora is in a hitting stage which is oh so fun. Leyna hit a lot at 18 months so I knew it was coming but I forgot how frequent it was. In fact, Cora was beating me about the head and pulling my hair in the middle of church just this morning. And she and Leyna can really go at it. When Leyna gets mad at Cora she makes what Daddy and I call the "stink face." It involves a very scrunched up nose, clenched teeth, and evil glare. And it's the fastest ticket for getting whacked in the head by your little sister. The hitting gets an automatic time out (even if it was seemingly deserved). And timeouts for Cora are actually kind of endearing. She goes there with no argument, sits up straight, and looks down at her hands for about a minute while silently contemplating.
Then she peeks her head around the corner and says "Fah-wee (sorry) Mommy." I tell her to go apologize to her sister and she walks over and says "Fah-wee Neena." Leyna says "That's okay Cora." and then they literally kiss and make up.
Then all is right with the world. Until next time...
Slacking
14 years ago
2 comments:
That's exactly how Scott sits in time out...adding in a pouting lip and with the "sorry" taking a little more coaxing to come out :)
That pic of Cora in timeout is hilarious!!! I cracked up! Actually I cracked up at the entire post because I can relate to the not listening!! Did you see my post about chasing Alaina through Kohl's?!?! HAHAHA
Post a Comment