January 09, 2012

Oh, it's terrible all right!

Do you see that face? It has been terrorizing our household for days. And nights. Oh where do I even begin... We all know about the terrible twos, which really happen at 2 1/2 for most kids. Well here we are as expected. But I don't remember it being this bad the last time. I mean, temper tantrums at 1am? Fresh out of a peaceful sleep? Please no more.
Today I was scolded for moving the stool in the bathroom with my foot instead of my hand - "NOOOO! Don't move it with your foot!"
Today she defiantly (and rather violently) unrolled all of the toilet paper because I made her take a potty break before we left the house.
Today I lovingly tried to feed her the last little bite of mango from her bowl and she freaked out because no, it was already all gone. Um....?
Today I was told many, many times - "No Mommy. DON'T HELP ME!"
Today I was physically whacked and survived an attempted biting (thank goodness for jeans!).
And today she wanted a graham cracker but Leyna had the last one. When sweet, generous Leyna attempted to give it to her she smacked it out of her hand and said she wanted her own. I told her there were no more so she angrily rode her bike off into the sunset (or foyer). A confused Leyna headed her off and met her with an outstretched graham cracker (5 second rule!) and Cora joyfully accepted it like some kind of schizophrenic who had no idea who she was a mere 45 seconds earlier. She even traded her a bike for it. Leyna was totally baffled...
Anyway, it was EXHAUSTING. I'm calling her Complicated Cora. She is so very, very complex these days. I have no idea which way is up anymore. It's a roller coaster ride and there are no safety harnesses. I'm just holding on for dear life!
And after all of that I just have to crack up when I see the daily devotion prayer I wrote on the fridge this morning...
Okay, fine! I will try my best to cherish each little traumatic episode moment. Because even though 2 1/2 is exhausting and impossible, 3 is still going to come way too soon. :)

2 comments:

Dawn said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 dudes, a diva and total chaos said...

I feel your pain, I have been there 4 times already and am creeping up on try number 5!! Some kids are worse than others and I find mine are usually the worst at 3 rather than 2. Just remember that this too shall pass:) Some days are really hard, even for me and like I said i have dine this before!! Good luck to you, your a great mom and I know you can do it!