January 21, 2012

Snow & Bambi

We woke up to snow this morning. Cora was so excited when she looked out the window that she immediately started stripping her PJs off so she could go out and play. I told her we'd better eat breakfast and wait for Daddy to wake up. I'm finally back on my feet but still a little slow and tired.
When it was finally time to go out and I had used my last two ounces of energy to get their snow clothes on they were beyond excited. I got myself dressed so I could go out and take a few pictures. But guess what? By the time I got to the door Cora was beating it down to come inside. DONE. I went out anyway but only snapped a few pictures before her crying and whining did me in. She was terrified of the sled even though she didn't have to get on it. She didn't even want to be in the same universe as it. And for the rest of the day she swore she wasn't ever playing in the snow again. Such is the life of a two-year-old. Sigh...
This afternoon we had a nice long visit from Nana and Pee Paw and then after dinner I decided one last movie night was in order. Leyna has chosen "Bambi," which we have never watched before. I'm a little unsure of how they will take it but we'll see. We're about half way through as I type. They have been hysterically laughing at the funny parts and biting their nails during the tense parts (like the thunderstorm). We just finished watching Bambi and Thumper ice skate and the girls are literally falling out of their seats laughing. It's the cutest thing. Now I'd better go snuggle up with them before it gets to the sad part...

1 comment:

5 dudes, a diva and total chaos said...

Glad you are feeling better! I know what a pain it is for mommy to be sick! And snow?? Lucky! My kids are begging for it but we almost never get it.