Today we celebrated Cora's birthday beach party style. We had 41 people (15 kids!) and it was an especially full house because the weather didn't cooperate. We had two pools on the deck and lots of outdoor fun planned but the rain and wind foiled our plans. Fortunately we still had a wonderful, crazy, loud, fun time. I swear I just live to do birthday parties for these girls - LOVE IT! Love the creating, decorating, cooking, and smiles it makes on everyone's faces. It was so fun that Cora was old enough to get excited about every little thing this year. We are so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and such close family. Thanks to everyone who made Cora's day extra special!!!
 |
| Since Cora isn't a huge cake fan I made the classic dirt pudding and topped it with crushed Nilla Wafers (sand) and chocolate shells. |
 |
| So happy with how this turned out! |
 |
| Goldfish crackers, chips, and salsa |
 |
| Pulled Carolina Pork in the slow cooker for the grown ups |
 |
| Shells & Cheese and Octopus Hot Dogs for the kiddos |
 |
| Festive candy. I think the adults enjoyed this more than the kids! |
 |
| Flip flop Milano cookies. Made 53 of these babies :) |
 |
| Leyna gave each person a lei when they came in |
 |
| Cutie Max :) |
 |
| Pee Paw and Cora doing the Twist |
 |
| The girls got brave and took a quick dip in the pool before the thunder and lightning began. The wind was howling! |
 |
| Chilly but happy |
 |
| Thankfully she didn't cry this year when everyone sang :) |
 |
| Cora skipped her "cake," went upstairs and told me "I tired. I want to go to bed." Poor girlie, she had a super long nap before the party but it was still too much excitement for her. |
 |
| Everyone else was happy to eat their cake though ;) Rose is so CUTE! |
 |
| She pepped up a bit and made it through about half of her presents before she needed another break. |
 |
| Thankfully she had a little help from sweet Harris :) |
 |
| And a lollipop gave her a little extra boost as well. Can you guess what color it was? |
 |
| After almost everyone had gone the kids took one last dip in the pool. |
 |
LOVED celebrating with this baby big girl! |
1 comment:
I love all the party details!
Post a Comment