August 04, 2011

Home again

So after a wonderful vacation, and a pretty good trip home, we are back in our own place and sleeping in our own beds again. The day before we left Leyna was saying "I just want to be back in my green room and my comfy bed." And guess what, she slept in it all night! Probably because we got home at 9:30 and she went to bed about an hour later. Though she did walk right in the door, straight to the couch, and laid on it until it was time for jammies. And Cora? Oh my, for the last half hour of our trip she was inconsolable. At one point she literally said, "Waaaaahhhh. I needa go to bed!!!" Andy and I laughed on and off about that for the rest of the trip.  Really, have you ever heard a kid actually admit that??? Then we played "It's a Small World After All" on repeat until we got home and we all survived.
Anyway, today was all about settling in, unpacking, and doing laundry. That's about it. Five loads down, four more to go tomorrow. The big news of the day was that Cora pooped on the potty! She told me she had to and she did it. And yes, I did take a picture of it. And yes, I'll spare you :) Very exciting though!!!
The one good picture I did get was of Leyna cleaning and sorting her exceptional collection of seashells. We're going to have to find a good use for them :)

No comments: