May 12, 2011

FREE Stuff

Today was the last full day of our trip and the girls and I had another fun and FREE day! We’ve been living it up with the free activities in and around Alexandria, VA this week, so if you’re ever in the neighborhood – here’s what you need to check out!

On Tuesday we were at Oxon Hill Farm. Everything we did there was FREE (including parking)!

Yesterday we hit up Tyson’s Corner Center’s “Kid Krusaders Kid’s Club Fiesta!” Everything we did and got there was FREE (including parking) except for the train ride through the mall, which cost $8 for the 3 of us (and was so worth it).

And today we went to the beautiful River Farm Garden Park. FREE and FREE parking again! This place was like a fairy tale. They had an entire area devoted to children’s gardens and play structures. It was so amazing that when we left Leyna cried and said “but I LOVE this place!!!” It was sad :( We will have to go back someday. Here are the photo-shoot worthy pics…
And this afternoon we did something not FREE and Leyna and I got haircuts. Shamefully, it’s been almost a year since I’ve had a haircut. I hope to do better in the next year ;) Leyna received her 3rd haircut ever and the lady actually straightened her hair when she was done. Who is this girl?
I hope it’s not too short when it curls back up, but it does look cute.

And unfortunately Cora has used her FREE time in the hotel room to acquire a new skill: Escaping the Pack ‘n Play. Fingers crossed that it doesn’t translate to her crib when we get home. I’m not ready to put her in a “big girl bed!”

1 comment:

Dawn said...

You always find the coolest free stuff to do. I'll have to remember some of these!