May 14, 2011

Unpacking and Re-packing

This morning I had the luxury of hitting some yard sales all by myself. It was quite nice. I scored a few deals but the hit of them all was this cute little talking Elmo toy that you can dress up. Only $1 and the girls played with it all day!
While I was out the girls had their friends/neighbors Aria and Aubrey (or as Cora calls them, AubeeAria) over to play dress up. They left around lunchtime and Nana showed up to help out so I could unpack, do laundry, and re-pack (yes, we're crazy!). While Cora napped Leyna got lots of one-on-one time with Nana. Then Pee Paw came over and made his famous "Baked Spaghetti" for dinner. It's my favorite comfort food and it was so nice not to cook!
After everyone was gone for the evening Leyna was having a big of company withdrawal and was crying that she wanted a cookie. I told her very matter of factly, as I do many many times a day, that whining and crying will not get her what she wants. She thought for a minute and told me, "But when I cried at the zoo it let Nana know that I wanted cotton candy." I immediately dismissed myself to the garage and relayed Leyna's horrible revelation to Daddy. The girl thinks way too much!
 (She did get the cookie after she asked nicely)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

The things they say! Leyna is too funny! I always tell Alaina she's a manipulator and then she says "I not a ma-nip-lator". LOL